Friday, July 25, 2008

Bird and baby sitting in a tree....


birdgraph
Originally uploaded by evilshrub
I've never made a proper graph for a cross stitch before.... that is, UNTIL NOW. Duh-dun!

So, here's my first official design. I decided to start humbly. I haven't chosen the exact colours I would like to use yet. Perhaps I will post some on the weekend.

The eyes of the birds are french knots. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

I can't wait to try it! I hope somebody else does try it too!

I will try and find an alternative spot to put this rather than flickr on the weekend. It limits the size I can post, I think.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Go ahead and buy the clematis, I find them very easy, I'm told that they do like their roots to be in a shaded place but the ones I've grown in pots in full sun have done fine. I have got some on a north facing fence and they are doing fine too.

Love the freebie you've put up - thanks.

Stitchhappy said...

Cute chart, Clare! Congratulations on posting your first free chart! I hope it will be only the first of many more to come. I didn't have your email address to respond to your comment directly, but I have posted an answer to your question on design software on my blog. Hope you will find it useful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll be back to visit you here!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Oh that is darling - love the tree with birds!

Tanya