Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Have a squizz!


P7220104
Originally uploaded by evilshrub
Hi hi! This is exciting. I'm trying to work out how all this flickr and blogger stuff goes together. I think I'm getting it. Anyway, this is the first embroidery I made up myself. I've been sewing ever since I got my first project from my parents on my 10th birthday, a cross stitch kit to sew a Care Bears alphabet.

The top one is supposed to represent the Big Bang, and the lower one is all about cosmic forces stirring up cell life on our planet. Very deep. The stitches I used were mostly satin stitch, chain stitch and french knots.

I made them in 2007, and made them specifically to fit into 5x7 frames I got from a cheapo shop.

2 comments:

gazette94 said...

Hello Clare, thank you for your comment on my blog, no problem , i m proud to be in your link list. I wish a Long life to your blog !
I will visit it regularly !
Claire (from France)( Gazette94)

Ann said...

Love your embroidery designs, looking forward to following your blog.